Alpinestars Supertech M8 Dues Ex Machina LE MIPS Adult Off-Road Helmets
The 'Alpinestars X Deus Ex Machina' treatment has been applied to the Supertech M8 motocross helmet, which has been designed to offer riders the most advanced, protective and performance enhancing helmet possible with excellent ventilation, comfort and light weight. Finished in a striking black and red design, with red trim and Deus logos on the sides and back, there is also a retro bike design on the top in a nod to Deus Ex Machina's roots in custom building.
Alpinestars approach to the creation of the advanced technology in the Supertech M8 draws on its depth of experience from over half a decade of world class innovation across the spectrum of motorsports and especially, its deep rooted commitment to motocross. As with all other categories of technology that Alpinestars has mastered, bringing a new, highly complex, product to fruition requires specialist experience and know-how and a project plan led by the best brains in protection development.
Hence Alpinestars Helmet Development Department was created and given the brief to research and develop the most protective and most comfortable possible motocross helmet. The goal was to allow riders to push the limits of performance, benefiting from confidence inspiring safety technology, reduced weight distribution to minimize muscular effort in the neck, shoulders and back and improved physiological and cognitive performance with a supremely well-fitting and well ventilated construction, optimizing comfort while riding.
The design is coherent to Alpinestars philosophy and shares distinctive themes with other products in the portfolio; a smooth, attractive, profile which is streamlined and free of any external channels and features that might act as a load point in an impact, or compromise the overall integrity of the construction. The surface curvature promotes reduced friction on impact, allowing deflection and the most efficient transfer of energy to protect the rider's head from direct force to the skull and referred to the neck and spinal column. The aperture is designed to accommodate a wide variety of goggles and the air vents in the shell are located to maximize ventilation efficiency.
The S-M8 shell has been profiled with performance as a priority and with a design style that identifies the profile of the helmet and its sculpted surface as uniquely 'Alpinestars'.
- Designed in collaboration with the iconic Australian custom motorcycle builder and style house Deus Ex Machina (the name stands for god of the machine), the capsule collection not only brings out the culture of both brands, but also showcases the simple authenticity and creative individualistic style which was the trademark signature of racers from all disciplines in days gone by
- Finished in a striking black and red design, with red trim and Deus logos on the sides and back, there is also a retro bike design on the top in a nod to Deus Ex Machina's roots in custom building
- Lightweight outer shell is constructed from technologically advanced composite materials for best fit
- Multiple density inner liner
- Fitted with E-2, latest generation of MIPS, integrated low-friction layer designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head
- Visor attached to the helmet shell with patented system that will allow easy release in case of crash
- Adjustable top pad height (Alpinestar's patented A-Head system)
- Maximized ventilation with 19 intakes and 5 exhaust ports
- Side shell shape coupled with soft EPP foam prevents damage to collarbone in event of crash
- Emergency release and removable cheek pads, 3D contoured foam
- Removable comfort liner, anti-moisture and anti-bacterial fabrics
- Hydration prepared
- ECE 22 / 05 certified
- Colors: Black / White / Deep Red
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2X-Large
- SKU: 0110-6427, 0110-6428, 0110-6429, 0110-6430, 0110-6431